Monday, August 31, 2009

Coffee

I curled up in my comfy blue chair, cradling my mug and inhaling the bitter-sweet scent that came from it.
"Caffeine addict," Ana accused teasingly, wrapping her arms around me protectively.
"You know it," i replied with a laugh. I took a sip of my drink. Sweet salvation, all black and steamy, bitter and beautiful in bone-white cup. "Oh, coffee, my love, it's been too long," i addressed it.
Ana laughed at me. "You're crazy, talking to your drink like that."
I winked at her. "Would i be with you if i wasn't crazy?"
"I suppose not." But she considered her laughter.
I sipped away at my coffee and read a bit of the book Ana handed me, Wasted by Marya Hornbacher. Ana pointed out certain sentences and i wrote them down in my thinspo scrapbook. We must have looked like quite an odd pair: two girls, a coffee-addict just starting to become skinny and a thin little waif, cuddled up together, chattering away and sharing a book like the very best of friends, but i didn't mind. I was just glad that Ana was being such a lovely friend today. I vowed silently to myself to not disappoint her, at least not today; i would do everything she asked of me.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope you do well. : )

    Also, coffee FREAKS ME OUT for some reason. I don't know why, I just can't bear to drink it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging words *hug*
    Haha, I love coffee! I have a jar of instant coffe in my locker at school, a big cup of coffee is the best lunch.
    Wow, a thinspo scrapbook sound great!

    Stay strong <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need to hit the bookstore. Sounds like a lovely activity. I love love love coffee

    wohooooo!! he he

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey well I'm new with blogging and such, but I adore how you write! I'm trying to figure all this blogging stuff out so if you have any tips I'd be so appreciative!

    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutly loev the way you writ your blog. It is really nice to read something so creativeand inspiring. I wish that i had half of your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coffee is my drug, it helps me so strong.
    You're doing so well. <3

    I recently found your blog when you commented on mine(thank you! c:) and I can't get enough of your blog entries! I love the way you write, I'm pretty sure I read them all. ;P

    Stay Strong & Think Thin! I know I'm trying to ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete