Monday, July 13, 2009

Mia's Visit

I stood in front of the mirror, still not happy with what i was seeing.
"Laxatives would fix u," an almost familliar voice singsonged in my ear.
"Mia?" I spun around. "What are you doing here?"
"Tempting you." She smiled, her rotting teeth showing, but she was beautiful; she was thin. "We used to talk every once in a while, Jo. Remember?"
I nodded. "But you turned me over to Ana because i couldn't make myself throw up."
It was her turn to nod. "Yes, but i still wanna check up on you every once in a while." She kissed my cheek. "How have you been?"
"Good." I choked on the sickening sweet smell of her rotten breath. "Ana's got me on a short leash, but that's a good thing. I haven't had a binge in 4 or 5 days."
"Oh goody!" Mia clapped her skeletal hands together. "I'm so glad it's working for you, hun."
"Me too," i smiled. "I even had to ask Ana to help me tighten that corset-dress that was too tight on me last week."
"Don't let it go to your head, hunny, but it does show," Mia giggled, sounding like a giddy little schoolgirl. (Ana always had seemed so much more mature than Mia.)
A huge smile broke my face. Ana and Mia never gave compliments, especially on looks. "Really? Oh wow, you don't know how much that means to me."
"Yes, i do," she kept giggling. "I know your thoughts, remember?"
I had to join her light hearted laughter. "Oh, right."
"Keep up the good work," she told me and patted my shoulder. "I'll keep checking on you from time to time. If you ever need me, just give a holler." She turned to leave. "Oh, and tell Ana i said hi," she added.
"Will do. Bye, Mia."
"Bye, hunny. Do a punishing workout for me!" Then she was gone.

1 comment: